Here's how you can take care of your feet!
Look down. How are your feet? Are they ashy? Polish a little? Calluses? Our feet easily become one of our most neglected body parts. We shove them in cramped boots, exposing sandals and tight high heels.
Proper foot care is important for both aesthetic and health reasons. Cracked heels can be painful, or worse, open you up to infection. Monthly pedicures are a simple solution, but if your budget isn't having it, here are some tips for maintaining beautiful feet at home.
1. Foot file damp, towel-dried feet twice weekly. A foot file is a plastic paddle, with sandpaper on both sides. This will gently exfoliate the built up calluses from your feet. DO NOT use metal files, pumice stones, or Ped-Egg type graters. While these type of files can remove a considerable amount of skin, it is often too abrasive and can cause calluses to come back worse than before.
2. Make Footlogix DD Cream your new bestie. The cream is actually a foam! Footlogix uses “dermal infusion technology” to insert moisture into dry skin and keep it there. DID YOU KNOW there are no oil glands on the bottom of the feet? So no matter how much shea butter or coconut oil you use, the calluses will never soften. Use Footlogix DD Cream once daily.
3. Seal in the moisture from the foam with a heavy lotion or body butter. The foam will do most of the work, but ensuring the moisture stays deep within the skin is imperative to baby soft feet.
4. Go 30-60 days out of the year without toenail polish. Wearing polish on your toes constantly prevents the nails from breathing and being able to strengthen on their own. Wintertime is the perfect season to take time off from nail polish since feet are mostly hiding in winter shoes anyway!
5. No flip-flops! I know this is a hard one, but flip-flops are maybe the worst thing we can wear on our feet (yes, worse than heels). Not only are flip-flops incredibly unsupportive of our arches and ankles, but they also expose our feet to the elements. Opt for more enclosed summer shoes.
Start utilizing these tips now, and you’ll be sure to have the beautifullest, cutest, feeties & toes you’ve ever had!
And as always, if it doesn’t feed you, don’t water it. Love you.